Microsoft ended support for Windows Live Photo Gallery on June 30th, 2015. This has led to a number of features not functioning properly or being removed entirely from the application.
Microsoft recommends using Microsoft Photos instead as an alternative gallery app.
The “photoviewer.dll windows 10” is a Windows Live Photo Gallery loading error that has been present for a while. The error can be fixed by downloading the latest version of photoviewer.dll from Microsoft’s website, which can be found at this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/143487/windows-live-photo-gallery-loading-error
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Windows & Software Expert
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- After installing the Microsoft program, users complained that their Windows Live Photo Gallery experienced a problem loading wix photoviewer.dll.
- Downloading the Media Feature Pack from Microsoft’s website is one simple approach.
- Alternatively, you might use a completely other picture viewer.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
The standalone Windows Photo Gallery software was renamed to Windows Live Photo Gallery and was included in the Windows Live Essentials family of products with the introduction of Windows 7.
Microsoft has now dropped the application, and it is no longer supported by the corporation on an official basis in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Windows Live Photo Gallery will continue to be in great demand since it is one of the most effective Windows tools ever at organizing photographs, as well as a competent image editor (despite the unusual challenges users face).
Even though the Windows Live Essentials package and its components may no longer be installed or used via official channels, installers for offline versions of the suite and its components are still available for download elsewhere.
Users have been experiencing an issue when launching wix photoviewer.dll after installing the popular Microsoft software and seem to be stuck at it. Follow along as we go through the solutions we outlined for you after learning about the.NET Framework.
What is the purpose of the.NET Framework?
The is where Windows applications are created and run. Microsoft’s Net Framework is a software development platform designed specifically for this purpose.
It consists of developer tools, programming languages, and libraries for creating desktop and online applications for Windows and other platforms. It’s also utilized in web development, online services, and video game creation.
The mission of the. The purpose of the Net Framework was to enable programmers to create programs that would run on the Windows Platform. This is the very first version of the. In the year 2002, the Net Framework was released for the first time. Version 1.0 was the name given to the version.
It has developed greatly since then, and the most current version is. 4.7.2 of the Net Framework. Both form-based and web-based apps may benefit from this functionality.
A variety of programming languages, including Visual Basic and C#, are also supported by the framework. As a consequence, developers have more freedom in selecting the language in which to build their applications.
How can I repair the photoviewer.dll problem in Windows 11 while using Windows Live Photo Gallery?
1. Get the Windows 11 N Media Feature Pack.
- To get the Media Feature Pack for Windows 11 N, go to Microsoft’s official website.
- To install all of the files required for Media Player, including in our case, Windows Live Photo Gallery, follow the instructions on their website.
Don’t forget to attempt this first since it’s the most basic and easiest approach. Your Windows Live Photo Gallery should function correctly when the installation is complete.
On a machine running one of the N versions of Windows 11, the Media Feature Pack will install Media Player and associated technologies (including Enterprise and Professional).
2. Restart the computer.
The second fastest and most basic way for resolving the loading.dll file issue is to restart your computer. The majority of the time, caching issues can be resolved by restarting the computer.
However, if some.dll files are missing, you may be unable to restart your computer. Whether this is the case, a forced restart should be used to see if the issue has been rectified.
Simply hold down the Power button on your keyboard for 9 seconds, or until your computer shuts down entirely, to force it to restart. Then press it again to resume the procedure.
3. Install the latest version of Windows
- To launch the Settings app, press the Windows key + I, then choose Windows Update from the left panel.
- If you need to download any new updates, click the Install now option and wait for the procedure to complete; otherwise, click the Check for updates button.
The issue might be caused by an earlier version of Windows, which can be resolved by upgrading to the most current version. The error will very certainly be corrected in a future software release.
4. Change your picture viewer.
You may replace the outdated Windows Live Photo Gallery app with a variety of additional photo viewers that are optimized for Windows 11.
Check out our post on the best picture viewer programs for Windows 11 for a thorough selection of alternatives.
Simply follow the links to the official website’s download page and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
What did Windows Live Essentials bring to the table?
Microsoft’s Windows Live Essentials software package connects with the operating system to give increased capabilities. Windows 7 comes with a limited amount of pre-installed Live Essentials.
However, starting with Windows 10, the suite has been phased out and replaced with newer Microsoft programs, such as the Photos feature.
You may be wondering what Live Essentials used to have to offer its consumers, so we’ve listed a few of its important features below:
- The Bing Bar — This is a toolbar for Internet Explorer that allows you to use the company’s search capabilities. There were also a variety of visual effects, themes, and other features to make surfing the web more fun.
- Windows Live Family Safety — A free parental monitoring solution that allowed parents to keep their children safe online. Web filtering, lists, child-friendly sites, online communications, and cautions for specific sites were all included.
- Windows Live Mail was seen as the successor of Outlook Express and Windows Mail in the world of email clients. It was compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7, and it was a natural extension of the previous mail programs’ efforts.
- Windows Live Photo Gallery was a photo management and sharing software comparable to other photo management and sharing solutions. Face recognition, geo-tagging, blemish removers, and noise reduction tools were among the features.
If you want to get the whole Live suite on Windows 11, check see our advice for Windows 10, which is still relevant to your operating system.
If you have problems installing Windows Live Essentials on Windows 10/11, we’ve previously addressed this situation in our post Windows Live Essentials won’t install. Make sure to have a look!
Alternatively, you may look at our tutorial on how to fix a Windows picture gallery that isn’t functioning in Windows 10/11 to discover other ways to address your problem.
Finally, we’ve put together a comprehensive walkthrough of the new Photos app in Windows 11. Don’t miss it since it provides significant updates to the feature.
Which options did you find to be the most effective? Please let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
Other Contact an Expert if there aren’t enough details or if you’re having trouble understanding anything.
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
- photo viewer dll is not a valid win32 application
- the specified procedure could not be found photos
- wlsetup-all.exe download