Lightning port is a small connector that connects an iPhone to the lightning cable. The problem with the Lightning port is that it can get bent and broken, which will cause your iPhone not to charge properly.
The iphone 12 not charging with cable is a problem that many iPhone users have been encountering. In this article, I will show you how to fix the issue.
Warm greetings, nerds…!! Once again, I’m here with another fascinating iPhone-related subject. We are all aware that Apple goods are among the most dependable. However, the majority of users may sometimes have problems. Let’s take a look at one of those problems, the iPhone not charging issue. This is one of the most prevalent problems that may arise in your iPhone for a variety of reasons. Let’s look at some of the reasons why your iPhone isn’t charging. So, without further ado, let’s get this party started.
Problems with iPhone Charging
This article contains the following content:
The following are some of the reasons why your iPhone isn’t charging:
- Whether you’re using a defective cable or adapter that’s preventing your iPhone from charging.
- It’s possible that dust and dirt have accumulated in your charging port.
- You should check for any software glitches or malfunctions from time to time.
- Finally, your iPhone may be experiencing a hardware issue.
Methods To Resolve The iPhone Not Charging Problem:
I’ve compiled a list of the top ten ways for resolving this problem for you. Make sure you follow all of the instructions in each approach. Let’s get down to business.
#1. Experiment with Different iPhone Chargers:
It’s possible that your charger has been damaged and is no longer charging your iPhone. Alternatively, you may be utilizing a third-party iPhone charger that isn’t assisting you in charging your iPhone.
Attempt a Different Charger
As a result, try charging your iPhone with a different iPhone charger. Occasionally, try moving the charging slot to a different location to see whether it is charging. Connect your charger to your computer using the USB connection to test its functionality.
#2. Inspect for any hardware issues:
Yes, physical damage may be the reason of your iPhone’s inability to charge. I’m going to show you some things to look for in terms of hardware damage. Do not fail to follow them.
- The hardware on your iPhone will be destroyed if you drop it in water.
- Check to see whether you’re using a defective cable or adapter, and if so, replace it.
- Clean your charging port to eliminate any dirt and inspect it for damage.
- Check to see if any of your internal components are damaged.
Clean Up The Lightning Port #3:
If your iPhone is still not responding, it’s possible that dirt has accumulated in the headphone jack connector. Make sure the charging port is clean by using an anti-static brush or a Q-tip at the headphone jack port. Moisture should not be used to clean the port since it damages internal components.
Lightning Port that is free of debris
#4. Take a look at your iPhone case:
If you use a wireless charger, then this is the way for you. On the rear of their iPhones, some users employ thick and hefty ring-type iPhone covers. These may prevent your iPhone from charging.
The Case Must Be Removed [Personal Computer: https://rapidrepair.in/] If you’re charging your iPhone wirelessly, remove the phone cases first. Also, be sure to utilize light and clear phone covers to assist you resolve the problem.
#5: Double-check the location of your phone’s charger:
This technique is helpful for people who charge their iPhone via USB connection from a computer. Users will sometimes utilize PC power to charge their phones. Make careful to verify whether your computer is on or not at that moment.
Whether it isn’t charging, try another USB port and see if it charges. If you’re using an AC adapter, try switching to another AC adaptor.
#6. Using iTunes, restore factory settings:
If you want to restore your device to factory settings using iTunes, carefully follow the instructions below.
- The first step is to install iTunes on your computer and open it.
- Make sure you use a USB connection to connect your iPhone to your computer.
Connecting Through a Cable
- Once iTunes has identified your device, be sure to choose the restore option.
Select Restore from the drop-down menu.
- Now iTunes will delete all of your iPhone’s data. As a result, be careful to backup all of your data before proceeding.
- Once the whole procedure has been finished. Finally, turn on your smartphone and look for the problem.
#7. Restore the iPhone in DFU or Recovery Mode:
If your iPhone refuses to charge, you may put it into recovery mode. You may just connect it to iTunes and follow the instructions below. Before we get started, a friendly warning that this technique will erase all of your data.
- The first thing you need do is download the most recent version of iTunes. Connect the lightning wire to it now.
- If you’re using an iPhone 7 or later, hold down the volume down button for a long time.
- Then attach the lightning wire to the device’s opposite end.
- The iTunes logo may now be seen on the iPhone’s screen. After that, it goes into recovery mode.
- You must hit the home button instead of the volume button on iPhone 6s and earlier versions.
- Once iTunes identifies your iPhone 5s, you’ll see the iTunes message on the screen.
- If you accept to the request, your smartphone will be returned to you.
Click the OK button.
Reset Your iPhone: #8.
Soft resetting your iPhone may sometimes resolve the problem of your iPhone not charging. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first step is to increase the volume.
- Now press and hold the volume down button for a few seconds before releasing it.
- Then press and hold your side button until the Apple logo appears.
Update #9 for iOS:
If you’re experiencing this GPS problem prior to the iOS update, you should upgrade your iOS to the most recent version. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first step is to go to settings and choose general from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to check for updates by clicking on software update.
Select Software Update.
- If any updates are available, download and install the latest version.
#10: Get in touch with Apple Support:
Finally, if none of the previous techniques are functioning, it’s possible that you have internal damage or a hardware issue.
So, the final thing you could do is call Apple’s customer service team and explain your situation. They will come up with a solution for you.
- The charging port on my iPhone is not functioning. What should I do?
If there is any dust or dirt in your charging port, be sure to clean it. As a result, ensure sure the charging port is clean.
- What is the best way to clean the iPhone charging port?
Yes, you may clean your charging port with a cotton bud or an anti-static brush.
- What’s the deal with my lightning port not working?
Make sure to restart your iPhone since this problem may be caused by a software bug.
Finally, I can say that this post is the perfect option for you if you’re searching for a solution to the lightning port, iPhone not charging problem. In this post, I have presented you with the top ten ways for resolving this problem. I hope you find this information to be very beneficial. Thank you for taking the time to read this article.
If you have any questions about this post, please ask them in the comments area, and if you find it helpful, please share it with your friends and family.
Thank you for selecting OMGEEKY.
My name is Nadhiya, and I work at OMGeeky as an editor and author. I like writing tech-related articles to assist my users. Apart from that, I like traveling, cooking, painting, singing, dancing, sharing knowledge, patience, a small group of friends, a happy soul, kindness, assisting the poor, being a shopaholic, and being a homely person.
The iphone charging port repair cost is a problem that many iPhone users have been experiencing. In order to fix the issue, you will need to replace your Lightning port.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix a Lightning port that is not charging?
Can iPhone charging ports be fixed?
Yes, the issue is that the iPhone charging port has a faulty wire.
How do I know if my lightning port is damaged?
If you have a damaged lightning port, your controller will not charge.
- iphone not charging but turns on when plugged in
- iphone not charging when plugged in
- iphone 12 not charging when plugged in
- how to clean iphone charging port
- iphone 11 not charging