Error 70 is a generic Android error that indicates the installation of Gapps on your device wasn’t successful. The solution to this issue will be discussed, along with how it can be fixed by using TWRP recovery without losing data.
When installing Gapps, you may run into error 70. This is a sign that the system partition has been mounted as read-only and should be fixed by rebooting your device or simply re-flashing the ROM/Kernel back to stock if possible. If this isn’t an option, use Titanium Backup’s restore function to undo any changes made including adding Google Apps and wiping data and cache partitions in TWRP Recovery using Wipe (Advanced).
The “gapps error code 20 fix” is a tutorial that explains how to fix the error 70 while installing GApps in TWRP.
When installing Gapps with TWRP, did you get an error 70? This problem occurs when the amount of your partition storage is smaller than the size of the Gapps package.
When installing any custom ROM on your device, Gapps are Google Apps, and this includes the basic Google applications, such as Gmail, YouTube, Google Play Store, Maps, and so on. Due to specific restrictions, G Suite apps aren’t pre-installed with third-party custom ROMs.
However, to fix the problem, the user often installs Gapps externally through custom recovery using a flashable zip package file.
Many customers reported difficulties such as ‘Updater process finished with an error: 70 error installing zip file’, ‘Error Status 7 Installation aborted’, and ‘zip signature verification failed TWRP’ when installing Gapps.
Such flaws prohibit you from installing a custom ROM successfully.
Also see: Should You Use Beans GApps or Open Gapps?
How to Fix Error 70 in TWRP While Installing Gapps
If you’ve run across this issue and want to know how to fix it, read our post on how to fix error 70 when installing Gapps in TWRP.
We’ll talk about the sources of the mistake and how to fix it in this article. So, let’s get this party started.
Error 70 While Installing Gapps in TWRP: Causes and Solutions
The main cause of error 70 while installing Gapps in TWRP is a lack of space on the device system partition.
That means you’ll need to uninstall certain applications and make room for the Open Gapps package to install. This problem is most common on older Android smartphones with less than 2GB of storage.
Because a custom ROM like Lineage OS, together with the Gapps package, is loaded on the system partition, and Android or tablet devices have limited system partition space.
As a result, the device system partition should be large enough to hold all of the packages. Aside from that, Gapp’s package size grows with each release.
As a result, flashing the Gapps and resolving the issue is difficult; nevertheless, don’t worry, we’ll go over some methods that will assist you in resolving the error 70 when installing Gapps in TWRP.
Also check out: How to Run Android APK Files on Windows 10.
This or a similar error will appear.
Mounting /data /system in Open GApps arm 8.0 – Gathering device and ROM information – Calculating system space… Calculations in the System partition fail due to a lack of storage capacity. You may wish to use a smaller Open GApps bundle or use gapps-config to remove certain applications. For further information, see ‘https://cdn.tech-latest.com/sdcard/Download/open gapps log.txt’. – Copying Log to /sdcard/Download – Your device was not changed in any way. The installer will now shut off… Unmounting /system Error Code: 70 ERROR: 70 Error installing zip file ‘https://cdn.tech-latest.com/sdcard/open gapps-arm-8.0-stock-20190221.zip’ during updater process ‘Updating partition information……completed’
System Partition Resize
The issue 70 when installing Gapps in TWRP is caused by the smaller system partition described above.
So, we’ll attempt to enlarge the system partition using this way, which should help us repair the issue 70 when installing Gapps in TWRP. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- TWRP Custom Recovery mode is accessed by rebooting your Android smartphone.
- Take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM after entering TWRP.
- Now, from the main menu, choose the Wipe option.
- Swipe right on the following screen to restore factory settings.
- This will erase all of your device’s data (which is why you should make a backup of all of your stuff).
- To flash the modified ROM, choose the Install option.
- Return to the main menu now.
- Select Wipe from the drop-down menu.
- Select Advanced Wipe Option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, in front of the System, tick the box.
- After that, choose Repair or Change File System.
- Select the Resize File System option on the following screen.
- To resize the system partition, swipe right.
- If the procedure runs well, go on to the following stages; if, go back and repeat the steps above.
- Now you must install the Gapps package.
That’s all, you’ve successfully enlarged the system partition, which may help you fix the issue 70 that you had when installing Gapps in TWRP. If this does not address the problem, go on to the next step.
Also check out How to Get Digital Wellbeing on Any Android Phone.
Pico GApps are flashing.
Pico GApps are GApps’ smallest and most compact package file. Follow these instructions to install them on your smartphone and fix the problem 70 that occurs while installing Gapps in TWRP:
- To begin, go to the OpenGApps official website.
- Pick PicoVarient.
- Select the Platform/ Architecture for your system that is right for you. Match the keywords below to the architecture of your phone.
- ARM: armeabi or ARMv7.
- ARM64 is sometimes known as AArch64 or arm64.
- x86: x86 or x86abi are two different types of x86.
- Also, while using CyanogenMod for Google applications, make sure you choose the right version.
- Mod 11 is compatible with Android 4.4.
- Mod 12 is compatible with Android 5.5.
- Mod 12.1 is compatible with Android 5.1.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow is supported by Mod 13.
- That’s all; GApps will be installed without problem this time.
This solution fixes 90 percent of the error 70 issues that occur while installing GApps in TWRP. You may attempt yet another technique to address the problem.
Also see: Download the Most Up-to-Date GApps for Android 11
Using the config.txt file in GApps
This technique involves creating a new GApps configuration text file and then copying it into the GApps zip file. To do so, follow the instructions.
- On your PC, create a text file.
- Gapps-config is the name of the text file.
- In any text editor, open gapps-config and add the following lines.
Books, slides, and sheets are all excluded. Keyboard is not included. Exclude Google Messenger, PixelIcons, and Dialer from your search results. Google Exchange Exclusions Exclude PlayGames Exclude VRService Exclude PixelLauncher Exclude CloudPrint Exclude Docs Exclude NewsWidget Exclude Camera Google Exclude PlayGames Exclude VRService Exclude PixelLauncher Exclude CloudPrint Exclude Docs Exclude NewsWidget Exclude Camera Exclude from Google Exclude Google Contacts Keep Exclude Hangouts Fitness is not included. Chrome is not included. Earth is not included.
- Make a backup of your modifications.
- Now, open your PC and copy the GApps Zip-file into it.
- Use your preferred archiver to extract it.
- In the extracted folder, paste the gapps-config text file.
- Zip the GApps file once again.
- Now, from the TWRP recovery, install the gapps.zip file.
This solution fixed the problem, and you may now simply flash GApps on your smartphone without any issues.
Also see: How to Uninstall Android Apps That Have Been Pre-Installed
These were some of the approaches that will assist you in resolving the problem. I hope you were able to overcome the problem 70 that occurred when installing GApps in TWRP recovery on your Android smartphone.
Unfortunately, if you are still experiencing a problem, please discuss it with us, and if you have a different solution for resolving error 70, please share it in the comments area.
The “how to fix error 70 twrp” is a problem that has been present for a while. The issue has been fixed in the latest TWRP update.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Error 70 in TWRP?
A: The reason your system cannot boot is because of an incompatible file. You need to get a custom recovery with the correct signature for Android 8.0 Oreo or higher that can be downloaded here https://kangxuan-g5.github.io/android_msm8974/recovery/.
How do I fix a 64 bit Gapps error?
A: There are a few things that you can try to fix this error. The first is disabling battery optimization for your devices processor by going into the developer options menu on your phone/tablet and enabling Force Performance. This will disable some of Sonys optimizations, but it might solve your issue. You can also use adb commands with an editor like Notepad++ or HexEditor MX in order to change permissions based on whether youre using root or not in the Gapps package file in /system/priv-app.
How do I manually install Gapps?
A: The process of installing Gapps is independent for each particular device, so the general steps that you would follow are as follows. 1) Download and extract your desired firmware zip file into its own folder on your computer 2) Connect your device to a wifi network 3) Open up ADB Shell 4) Enter the following command in order to start an adb server 5) $ ./adb -s shell cd /data/local 6) Flash whatever package you want with flash 7 ) Disconnect from wifi 8 ) Reboot
- gapps-config to reduce install size
- twrp restarts when flashing gapps
- gapps error code 70 android 10
- gapps error 1